FOR TEACHING PROFESSIONALS
T.E.A.C.H. SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Program offers scholarships to childcare workers to complete course work in early childhood education and to increase their compensation. It has four components:
The scholarship usually covers partial costs for tuition and books or assessment fees. Many scholarships require that the recipient receive paid release time and a travel stipend.
In return for receiving a scholarship, each participant must complete a certain amount of education, usually in the form of college coursework, during a prescribed contract period.
At the end of their contract, after completing their educational requirement, participants are eligible to receive increased compensation in the form of a bonus or a raise.)
Participants then must honor their commitment to stay in their childcare program or the field for 6 months to a year, depending on the scholarship program.
CAREER PATH FOR TEACHING PROFESSIONALS
Children & Families First provides you with an excellent opportunity to advance in the rewarding field of Early Childhood Development. We offer a comprehensive continuing education program with salary increases as you progress. We also connect you with scholarship programs that can help cover your education costs. Read further to discover how Children & Families First guides you along the path to an exciting and fulfilling career in Early Childhood Development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
GCD Center Director
- Minimum BA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education and Administration
GCD Head Start Teacher
- Minimum BA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education
- BK License (NC Pre-K teachers only)
Other GCD Teaching Positions
OTHER TEACHING POSITIONS
GCD Head Start Teacher Assistant
- Minimum Requirement – AA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education or AA out of field and an additional 12 semester credit hours in ECE.
- Must work toward obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
GCD Substitute Teacher/Floater
- Minimum Requirement – CDA, Introduction to Early Childhood (EDU 119 or NCECC I, II) and 6 early childhood credit hours
- Preferred: AA or working toward AA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education (ECE) within 6 months of hire (minimum of 6 documented semester hours per year)