CHILD CARE ASSISTANCE & TRAINING
Regional Child Care Resources & Referral (RCCR&R) of Children & Families First provides a range of services to help child care centers and family child care homes provide the highest quality services for families in Guilford, Randolph and Rockingham Counties.
Some of those services include:
- NC Division of Child Development and Early Education Training approved training and workshops
- On/off-site training and technical assistance
- Resource Room located at the Central Office of Children & Families First
- Assistance in meeting state and local licensing requirements
- Recruitment of new potential Family Child Care Home Providers
- Start-up assistance for new providers
- Professional Enhancement Projects, such as the Provider Professional Development Initiative; Infant/Toddler Quality Enhancements and School-age Enhancements Projects; and review and Use of Assessment Tools such as ITERS-R, ECERS-R, FCCERS-R and SACERS
- Regional specialists offer a cross section of professional services to staff and children/families through special enhancements. They include Infant/Toddler Specialist, Behavior Specialist, and School-age Specialist.
- Sponsorship of the Triad Family Day Care Home Association and the Guilford County Directors Network
Are you a parent? Regional Child Care Resources & Referral has access to valuable information and resources to assist families with finding quality childcare and childcare scholarships. Click here to learn more.
Below are our most popular child care provider requests and links to some of our program areas for more specific information.
START A CHILD CARE BUSINESSS
Our staff offers free phone consultations to those interested in starting a childcare business, including potential child care centers, school-age programs and family child care home providers.
CHILD CARE REFERRALS
List and update your childcare provider profile with Regional Child Care Resources & Referral, which gives more than 9,000 referrals annually to more than 1,200 families.
TRAINING & WORKSHOPS
Further your professional development, increase your star license rating, improve your quality of care, and earn needed Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through RCCR&R training.
An onsite Resource Room gives child care providers access to educational resources and materials including books, a copier, laminator and die cut machine.
Infant-Toddler Specialists, Behavior Specialists, and School-age Specialists offer professional services to providers and families through special enhancements
REGULATIONS & LICENSING
Regional Child Care Resources & Referral provides guidance on childcare regulations and licensing as outlined by the Division of Child Development and Early Education.